Monday, May 30, 2011

Student-Faculty Relationships Exemplify MSOP Vision Statement

Friends:

The inspiration for today's post comes from Mr. Scott Keith, the current president of the rising 4th year class. This month Scott offered the following (unsolicited) message to our outstanding faculty. His message speaks for itself!

Scott wrote the following to the faculty email list-server.

"Dear Faculty of MSOP,

Somehow you have managed to take 120 or so diamonds in the rough and find something of value for the world of pharmacy. While I will admit this journey has not always been easy over these past 3 years, it certainly has been some of the best years of my life. I know it cannot be easy dealing with students; no doubt it is mostly a trial by fire. But through it all, you keep teaching, laying down thoughts and concepts that are intrinsic to the thought-process of the pharmacist. On behalf of the class of 2012, I want to thank you for your kindness and consideration over the past 3 years. In my opinion, in no other college of pharmacy on the planet will you find instructors who care more about a student as a person and as a student. In my 35 years on this earth, these 3 will remain some of the favorites in my memory. I wish each one of you continued success in educating the brilliant minds of the future.

Your friend and colleague,
Scott
Class of 2012 President"

Let us hear from you if you find Scott's words transformative!

No comments:

Post a Comment