Monday, May 9, 2011

New MSOP Vision Statement Resonates with Student Body

Friends:

Several weeks ago we informed the student body of our new school vision statement and requested feedback on our new vision and way of thinking.

I received the comments below from a current first year student, David South, who I believe hit the nail on the head.

"Dr. Sands,

I really like the vision statement “Preparing Pharmacists Who Transform Lives”. To me, there are two meanings in this statement. Obviously, as health care professionals, everything we do should be aimed at improving the quality of life for our patients. Through the pharmacist-patient interaction, we are able to build lasting relationships with others that can have a direct impact on the patient’s life.

However, there is also a deeper spiritual meaning to that statement. As Christians, everything we do should be aimed at adding to God’s kingdom. When I looked up Ephesians 2:10 in my Bible, it cross-referenced Ephesians 4:12, which states “to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be build up.” How great is it that we are able to help transform a patient’s life in the physical health senses but also lead people, be it through example, attitude, or direct evangelism, to the person with the greatest ability to transform lives of all, Jesus Christ.

I will make this vision statement, encompassing both meanings, my attitude and goal for the rest of my time at MSOP and continue it as I advance in my career as a pharmacist."

Let us know if you agree with David!

No comments:

Post a Comment